Tuesday 30 November 2010

Furness Abbey in the snow

I've just spent the morning at Furness Abbey taking a few photographs, I should have done a spot of painting too but am afraid that I wasn't quite able to cope with biting Siberian wind for long enough!
I'm so lucky to live just around the corner to this beautiful place, it really is one of my favourite places on earth and as an added bonus I got to see the two resident buzzards flying overhead at very close range, worth every minute of braving the arctic chill!




2 comments:

  1. Really nice photos Helene. Imagine what it's like down there this morning (Dec 18th)
    after our 4-5 inches of snow, it will be breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I hadn't have had to make the journey to London, I would have been there, well me and the 2000 plastic baggers!!

    ReplyDelete