Wednesday 4 January 2012

New Year, new painting!

Well here we are in 2012, new resolutions started and in a lot of cases already broken, in my defence haven't quite finished all the presents of chocolate yet!

I thought I would start a painting I have been planning for a while so here is my set up ready to go.


I have just finished the under-painting of the background trees (below) although in hindsight I think that I have attacked it a bit like a bull in a china shop, probably a sugar rush from all the chocolate! Today's painting session is going to be rather more considered and I think I will do an imprimatura of the fore-ground and mid-ground to make sense of the values and notan I had already worked out.


If anybody is interested there is a really good article in this weeks Radio Times on David Hockney, I like  his ideas about art and also agree with his views about today's artists, well worth a read.

No comments:

Post a Comment